Pandemic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all interests. Ranging from intense politics to the leuisure of gaming, Pandemic has it all!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are All Atheists Evolutionists?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sin
Emperor
Sin

Are All Atheists Evolutionists? Empty
PostSubject: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 am

This is an essay i did for school before. Copyrighted BTW Smile

No.

–noun

• The disbelief or denial of the existence of a God, or supreme intelligent Being.

Origin:
1580–90; < Gk áthe(os) godless +
-ism

~Dictionary.

Belief is faith, in religious terms. So the opposition of belief would be disbelief, and the opposition of faith would be no faith.

Faith and Belief are both usually originally staged upon the foundations of a church or assembly whose purpose is to spread their religious views.

Without the originally standing point (I.E. Church) the followers would not have guidelines of what to follow.

But, the opposition of this yet again would be concluded as a no belief system, no foundation, and no set of following guidelines or propositions of how to live ones life.

Thus, Atheism.

Atheists are more-so-ever maverick, while Theism has a guideline, Atheism would differentiate by having no guidelines of what to abide by.

The only definition that is valid for atheism is the obvious one, No Deity.

Atheism is not a religion meaning it does not and will never have obligations or rules to follow because it is the total opposition of that.

Evolutionary Theists believe in evolution, but obviously not all Theists do. So don’t turn it around on Atheism.

Atheists are free minded and only need to believe in one thing, No deity, other than that, the rest is totally up to their own personal beliefs.

Well, are all Evolutionists Atheists? –

Definitely not!

Evolution is a matter of Science, not belief. You don’t need faith and believe to believe in Gravity, do you?

Science and Belief get mixed up a lot when it comes to this subject. People don’t follow Evolution as a faith, as they do Religion.

Science is more-so-ever a modern day truth (Not Fact) that can always be disproved later on in life.

While Religion is just a set of followers and foundations were your needing total and absolute faiths, considering most religions don’t have much statistical information to back up their truths.

In conclusion to this argument, there are Evolutionary Theists, yes, it’s true!

Their beliefs are simple and open-minded, they believe that Evolution and the Big bang are true, but a deity made it happen.

Also meaning their range of personal beliefs can go as distant as need be.

Argument Responses –

“Atheists have to believe in something, which leaves evolution.” - XellGero

First off, no they don’t. That’s the whole point of Atheism, Anti-Theism, against faith and belief system. Secondly, look up some more no-deity doctrines, I am telling you, theirs tons of them!

“Evolutionary theism is total contradiction” – secratspy

I myself am not one, but I can defend them! All they believe is that Evolution is real but a Deity did it, which makes more sense than we all just popped up here from a deity at least.

"if your an atheist you gotta beileve in evolution because theirs nothing else to beileve in" – StaciaDaniels

Atheism is disbelief in itself, and is NOT a religion.
Religion = Set of beliefs one must follow to join that religion
Anti-Religion = Minimal/No beliefs in common and none must follow the same step
Religion = Theism
Anti-Religion (In this example) = Atheism.

In conclusion, any left-over questions or arguments feel free to conclude in comments below, I will personally respond to your post in a matter of time![/size][/b]
Back to top Go down
https://pandemic.forumotion.com
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:31 am

Whle most athiests would probably be an evolutionist, there are some who think aliens did it. So no, we're not all. Sadly....
Back to top Go down
Sin
Emperor
Sin

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 am

Tyrong Kojy wrote:
Whle most athiests would probably be an evolutionist, there are some who think aliens did it. So no, we're not all. Sadly....

And their are some that are like nihilists, as in they really don't beileve afterlife is real and that god is not real while evolution did not create us. But they differ from nihilists because they don't beileve everything is not real.

It's a wierd type of Athiest, one that beileves solely that God is not real and thats it...no other examplifications of how we arrived here or the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Yeah. Honestly it makes as much sence as the invisible sky daddy.
Back to top Go down
Liche
The Wise
Liche

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:09 am

hypothetically speaking, if your Atheist,

you physically can't be an Evolutionist.
Back to top Go down
Sin
Emperor
Sin

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:16 am

Liche wrote:
hypothetically speaking, if your Atheist,

you physically can't be an Evolutionist.

How so? Evolution doesn't imply a Deity...and really all Atheism stands for is Don't beileve in a Deity.
Back to top Go down
Tyrong Kojy

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 am

Yeah, that ndoesn't make sence, liche.

Though t should be noted that evolutionist was a term created by the likes of Kent Hovind and such to insult us. By that notr, I'm also a gavityist, a physisist, a neutronist, a blackholeist, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are All Atheists Evolutionists?   Are All Atheists Evolutionists? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandemic :: Discussion :: Knights Templar :: Other - Religion-
Jump to: